Development Support Officer – Volunteer
The role of the Development Support Officer is to support the Grants team of the Development Department to enable them to autonomously manage all aspects of Grant management within the six month contract period. The Support Officer will be assigned one counterpart – the Grants Manager – with whom they work particularly closely with to ensure deliverables are met. The Support Officer should be extremely well organised, self-motivated, patient and support the team by example. The Support Officer shall report directly to the Development Director.
In return, the Support Officer will gain experience of working in a lively, busy fundraising department and be a major contributor to the shaping of a newly established grants team to ensure they can work autonomously. This is a superb opportunity to gain experience in a first class non-profit organization which serves Cambodia’s most vulnerable children whilst creating solutions to global child health care issues.
Areas of duties and responsibilities/accountabilities:
- Support the management of the grants database and tracking tools to ensure unit KPIs are met
- Support the development of quarterly, semi-annual and final reports for AHC donors and supporters; this involves data analysis, basic financial/budgetary analysis and case study sourcing
- Edit the final reports written by the grants team
- Support with the writing and editing of renewal request from existing donors
- Edit additional reports and case studies as required
- Assist with other duties as requested by the Development Director
- Have a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in business, marketing, communications, development, or other related fields
- Experience in coaching and supporting colleagues/peers in a multi-cultural setting
- High attention to detail to convey relevant information in a concise manner for individual donors/supporters
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation and converting data into meaningful narrative for donors
- Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines without direct supervision
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to maintain working files and revisions of documents
- Ability to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to documents
- Team player with the proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility and positive attitude to adapt to working in a busy environment with demanding outcomes
- Superior English writing and communication skills are a priority for this role
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to fill in an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Application-Form-PDF.pdf along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia.Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 092 976 687 or via email: email@example.com.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”