Fundraising Consultants – Operations & Capital
To: All interested candidates.
From: Human Resources Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position: Fundraising Consultants – Operations & Capital
(3 month contract with possible extension)
Report to: Development Director
Vacancy: 2 positions
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap
Closing Date : Open-ended (interviews will commence upon receipt of suitable
Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is a non-profit organisation providing free medical care to children in Siem Reap. AHC is looking for a highly motivated individuals who can provide short-term support to the Development team. The consultants will work closely with the Development Advisor and the Development Director to secure funding for AHC’s operational costs (1 post) and AHC’s capital costs (1 post).
The successful applicants will be experienced in fundraising, highly motivated to learn quickly and secure new grants to support AHC.
- Identify new donors / funding opportunities (government, non-governmental, corporates, foundations, individuals) for AHC’s core hospital activities and capital needs (equipment, maintenance, infrastructure)
- Lead the design, development and delivery of persuasive proposals in collaboration with relevant hospital departments and in line with AHC’s strategic plan
- Create winning concept notes and proposals for each identified opportunity, ensuring full compliance to proposal requirements
- Provide constructive input on the ongoing continuous improvement of AHC’s proposal development process
- Support the hand-over of winning proposals to AHC’s Grant Managers to develop and maintain new donor relationships and reporting requirements
- Have a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in business, marketing, communications, development, or other related fields
- Experienced in fundraising for a multi-million dollar annual organisational budget
- Awareness of global health priorities for improving neonatal and children’s healthcare in low-resource settings
- Creative strategist to adapt AHC’s needs to prospective donor priorities
- Accomplished proposal writer with excellent writing/editing capabilities and strong analytical/research skills, ideally in a health-related field
- Effective in clearly articulating solutions and consolidating multiple streams of input into cohesive and compelling narrative
- Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines
- Strong project management skills – planning, execution, issue resolution
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to maintain working files and revisions of documents
- Ability to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to concept notes and proposals
- Team player with the proven ability to work in a multi-cultural, collaborative environment
- Superior English writing skills
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to fill in and submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Application-Form-PDF.pdf along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (855) 63 963 409, 099 610 885, 069 818 773 or via email: email@example.com.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.