Volunteer English Teacher (part-time)
Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is a Pediatric Teaching Hospital providing free treatment and care to the children in the Siem Reap area and Cambodia. On average 450 children and their families arrive at the hospital seeking care each day. Since opening in 1999, there have been more than 1 million visits to AHC by Cambodian children. AHC is an official Teaching Hospital and has taught more than 3,500 healthcare professionals from Cambodia.
The Angkor Hospital for Children is seeking a qualified, part-time Volunteer English Teacher
Nature of work : part time- minimum 2 days per week- Monday and Wednesday.
Job Location : AHC and Satellite (Sotnikom District)
Report to : English Teacher
- To prepare and teach classes for hospital staff located at Sotnikom district (transport to and from AHC in Siem Reap provided)
- Prepare examinations to assess staff progress
- Prepare educational resources
- Provide language and formatting assistance to staff preparing written work in English such as letters, teaching material, reports, PowerPoint presentations
- May be required to invigilate for examinations
- An undergraduate degree and a recognised ESL/EFL teaching qualification, for example the CELTA. An ESL/EFL qualification should contain at least 120 hours of classroom instruction, usually intensive over a four-week period, and a practical teaching component of at least 6 hours.
- Experience in teaching English to non-native English-speaking adults
- A very high level of English – speaking, reading, writing and listening
- Be friendly, creative, motivated and hard working
- Ability to adapt and meet challenges with humour and patience, without resorting to anger or rudeness
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Flexibility: accepted candidate will be required to spend time between AHC and the Satellite Clinic and to understand that AHC is a low resource setting and they will need to share facilities such as computers and desks with others
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural team
- Computer skills: working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 months
Previous developing country experience is preferable although not essential
Interested candidates can apply via http://angkorhospital.org/support/volunteer/application-form/ with CV attached and reference details or email a CV with your referee contact details to V_coordinator@angkorhospital.com
** AHC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, gender, sexual preference, age, marital status or disability.