To : All interested candidates.
From : Cambodia-Oxford Medicine Research Unit (COMRU), Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Cambodia Oxford Medical Research Unit Research Assistant
Report to : COMRU director
Vacancy : 01 position
Job Location: Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Closing Date: 20 Sep 2019 at 17:00 pm
Cambodia-Oxford Medicine Research Unit (COMRU) is a department of Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC), representing the research collaboration between AHC and the University of Oxford, UK. A link between AHC and Oxford was initially established in 2006 by the AHC collaboration with Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU), Thailand. The unit’s main research interests are the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of medical conditions which impose a substantial disease burden throughout this region. Most of the research is focused on infectious diseases.
The post-holder will support the research activities of COMRU. In addition, there will be opportunities to develop personal research skills.
Areas of duties and responsibilities/accountabilities
Under the supervision of senior COMRU staff, the post-holder will assist with all on-going studies and other research activities. This work will include:
- Identification and enrollment of potential study participants
- Collection of study specimens
- Completion of study case record forms and participant questionnaires/surveys
- Entry of study data into computer databases
- Liaison with clinical and laboratory teams regarding study issues
- Participation in unit activities, including unit meetings, journal club, and tutorials
- Presentation of research findings at local, national and international meetings
- Essential criteria
- Enthusiasm for conducting research
- Good spoken and written English
- Good organization, time keeping, and problem solving skills
- Accurate record keeping
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to contribute to meetings and discussions
- General computer skills (Microsoft Office, email and web browsers)
- Desirable criteria
- Research experience
- Data entry experience
Nursing diploma or a bachelor degree from an institution recognized by Ministry of Education Youths and Sport, Cambodia.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/) along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 093 977 363,078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.