Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is a leading children’s healthcare organisation based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Since 1999, we’ve helped millions of children get the healthcare they need.
Transitioning to local leadership is a pillar of the current strategic plan and for the first time in the organisation’s history, the organisation’s CEO and majority of Head of Departments are Cambodian.
In early 2022, the Development function of international staff and PR function of local staff merged to create a multi-disciplinary Fundraising Department staffed by talented national and international communications and fundraising specialists. The department is responsible for delivering the organisation’s US$5.5 million annual operating budget.
After identifying opportunities for further specialisation and growth since the original merger, we have refreshed to form the Communications & Engagement Unit in the Fundraising Department, focusing on attracting and converting new and current donors through our digital channels while maintaining the integrity of the AHC brand.
About the role
You will be a vital member of the Communications & Engagement Unit raising US$465k in 2024, building significant income from the digital channels you’d be responsible for in the longer term.
You will work with the new Cambodian Unit Manager to execute annual plans to achieve the 2022-2026 Communications & Engagement strategy, with a focus on driving digital income and maximising engagement through producing impactful, compelling and engaging mass communications in English that powerfully tell AHC’s story.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Mass communications (40%)
- Day-to-day management of our digital channels targeted to our international audience (LinkedIn and E-mail) by following the 2022-2026 Communications & Engagement strategy
- Monitor and maintain the content on our website and support the Unit Manager in implementing requests from other departments at AHC
- Identify, co-interview and write impactful patient, staff and student stories for various audiences
- Produce and approve English copy for all print materials requested by all units and departments at AHC
- Work with the Strategic Projects & Engagement Manager and Unit Manager to analyse, monitor and report the weekly, monthly and/or project-based analytics of responsible digital channels to perform to income targets and KPIs
- Use data-led insights to iterate strategies to achieve periodic phases of the 2022-2026 Communications & Engagement strategy.
- Work with the Strategic Projects & Engagement Manager to co-lead on the international focus for our bi-annual appeals with research, ideas and strategies to attract current and new donors and convert new donors via our digital channels
- Support the Unit on the local focus for our bi-annual appeals
- Work with the Strategic Projects & Engagement Manager and Unit Manager to monitor, report and analyse results to reflect and plan future appeals.
Unit support (20%)
- Support the Unit Manager to develop the Unit’s Annual Operational Plan based on the 2022-2026 Communications & Engagement strategy
- Support the Unit Manager on copy and brand guarding all English written content produced by the Fundraising Department
- Remain flexible and support the Unit Manager and fellow team members with other fundraising and communications projects as required.
- Curate content, process data and produce copy for AHC’s Annual Report and bi-annual Impact Reports
- Support fellow units in the Fundraising Department (Grants, Philanthropy & Partnerships, Community Fundraising) with their reports upon request.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV, cover letter and three writing samples (or digital portfolio if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by Wednesday, November 22nd, highlighting where you saw the role. Virtual interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact the current Communications Unit Manager JiHye Kim via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.