To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resources Department
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap
Report to : Communications Unit and Visitor Centre Manager
Vacancy : 01 Position
Working hours : 40 hours/week
Salary & benefits : Based on the employment contract
Closing date : 16th September 2022 at 5:00pm
AHC is looking for a creative and thoughtful Communications Officer who is fluent in Khmer and English (speaking, reading and writing). He/she is a well-versed storyteller through various mediums such as writing, photography and visual design.
Under the supervision of the Communications Unit and Visitor Centre Manager, he/she will also support the development and implementation of AHC’s communication strategic plan, and provide assistance and support in communications effort at the Visitor Centre, grants, local and international individual giving, corporate fundraising, and events.
This is a unique opportunity for a young and motivated candidate to build foundational knowledge in order to kick-start a thriving career in non-profit communications.
Job Objective (s):
- Support the fundraising teams (grants, individual giving, and events) with their annual targets.
- Develop engaging and informative content to support AHC’s programmes and fundraising activities.
- Assist the manager by providing input for the annual communication strategy and operational plan.
- Participate in developing AHC’s communication strategy and Annual Operational Plan with the Manager
- Participate in developing and reviewing the Communication Unit’s new guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assist the Manager with producing AHC’s impact and annual reports, and other mandatories as required (e.g. case studies)
- Write and edit content for the website, newsletters, annual and bi-annual reports, social media channels, print material and other platforms and formats, ensuring delivery of content that is engaging, informative and effective
- Work closely with the international and in-country fundraising teams to develop content, marketing material, event collateral and graphics in support of fundraising activities
- Communicate with social media audiences as required
- Support Grants, Individual giving and Events teams as needed
PUBLIC RELATIONS/ PRESS/EVENTS
- Represent AHC at events, assist with photography at events as required
- Accompany journalists or media personnel around AHC
- Provide support to the Individual giving and Events teams in collateral and event material creation when requested
- Build and maintain relationships with media to increase AHC publicity, through writing, distributing press releases, and arranging interviews with broadcast, digital and print media
- Maintain a database of local and international media coverage
- Link in with bloggers and social influencers in Cambodia and ensure AHC gains new followers on a regular basis
- Share quarterly newsletters to Cambodian audiences and donors as planned
- Support and mentor his/her juniors in the unit as needed
- Remain flexible and be able to assist the Manager and fellow unit members whenever required
- Support other departments’ requirements related to communications as required
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in business, marketing, communications, journalism, development or other related fields
- Working Experience:
- 2 years in a role with a similar education requirement (marketing, communications etc.)
- Previous experience working in the non-profit sector is preferred
- Requirement for Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in Khmer and English
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, internet, and email
- Solid proficiency in social media platforms and social media management tools
- Good understanding of graphic design software and platforms (Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva)
- Good understanding of website content management systems (WordPress)
- Comfortable with DSLR camera and media equipment
- Creative with eye for detail
- Problem solver and multi-tasker
- Pro-active, independent, quick thinker, able to problem solve ‘on the go’
- Ability to represent AHC to the public
- Ability to work well under pressure with strict deadlines
- Friendly and outgoing personality, as making key working relationships will be important
- Ability to learn the new things, to work flexible hours, to travel locally and nationally
- Ability to take constructive criticism on board and makes adjustments accordingly
- Receptive and open to new ideas and ready to develop new initiatives
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to fill in and submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificates of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (855) 63 963 409,017 72 72 62 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.