To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Job location : AHC Siem Reap, Cambodia
Report to : Fundraising Co-Director (Corporate, Events & Communications), Fundraising Dept.
Vacancy : 01 position
Working hours : 40 hours/week
Salary & benefits : Based on the employment contract
Closing Date : 16 September 2022 at 5:00pm
Are you a skilled corporate fundraiser looking for a truly unique new challenge? Would you like to join a pioneering fundraising team improving health care for all Cambodian children?
Angkor Hospital for Children is a leading children’s healthcare organisation with a mission to improve healthcare for all Cambodian children. For over twenty years, families have brought their children to the hospital for life-saving medical treatment, free of charge. The hospitals sees hundreds of children every day and provides specialist treatment rarely found elsewhere in Cambodia. AHC has provided over 2.5 million medical treatments to children from across the country.
AHC is one of three paediatric teaching hospitals in Cambodia, working to train and develop the next generation of health workers. We work in communities to engage, empower and educate on health issues in order to prevent children becoming ill. We share our learning through research to improve healthcare for children around the world. Every day the team are saving and improving children’s lives, with the support of donors near and far.
It is an exciting time to join AHC. Transitioning to local leadership is a pillar of the current strategic plan and for the first time in the organisation’s history, the organisation’s CEO and all Heads of Department are Cambodian. In early 2022, the Development function of international staff and PR function of local staff merged to create a multi-disciplinary Fundraising Department staffed by talented national and international communications specialists and fundraisers. The new department is responsible for delivering the organisation’s US$5.5 million dollar annual operating budget. Last year, 35% of AHC’s income came from within Cambodia, with the remainder from international sources. AHC is looking for a talented, dedicated and experienced fundraiser to lead the Corporate and Events team.
The Corporate and Events Manager leads a team of three fundraisers responsible for raising c$1million per year for the hospital from corporate partnerships, hospital Visitor Centre and events. The role is responsible for building links with companies within Cambodia and the wider Asia-Pacific region, maximising the potential for long-term sustainable partnerships. The team leads on a calendar of unique and interesting events, including an annual religious celebration in partnership with Buddhist monks throughout Cambodia, corporate cycling challenge and Angkor Wat Half Marathon. There is significant room to grow the fundraising contribution of the team through regional corporate partnerships, a shift to strategic partnerships with current Cambodian corporates and growing ‘in-aid-of’ fundraising activities internationally and locally. As tourists return to Siem Reap there is untapped potential for growing the AHC donor base through the hospital Visitor Centre.
The team contains a local Events Lead, Visitor Centre Officer and Corporate & Events Senior Officer. AHC has an existing donor base and excellent reputation in Cambodia, regionally and internationally. You will develop and support your team members, building skills and expertise within the team and succession planning for the Manager role.
This is a varied and exciting opportunity for a skilled fundraiser looking to work at one of the most successful and well-loved national charities in Cambodia. It is an opportunity to work in a multicultural and diverse team, with donors of a broad range of backgrounds, pioneering an innovative fundraising approach combining local and international experience. You’ll be based in the hospital grounds, seeing the impact of your fundraising on a daily basis. You will be part of ensuring children in Cambodia get the high quality compassionate medical care they deserve, now and for years to come.
New opportunities (30%)
- Research and identify prospective new corporates, community, and events fundraising opportunities and activities.
- Develop funding proposals for donors and prospects, ensuring that the potential raised from these sources is fully maximised.
- Proactively manage a new business pipeline for securing new income by identifying growth areas and opportunities within the corporate sector, utilising personal and department contacts and insight.
- Continue to raise the profile of AHC by networking at appropriate events to secure the new introduction of new corporate entities and individuals.
Planning and line management (20%)
- Work closely with the Co-Director of Fundraising to develop, implement, and manage the strategy and the team for raising money from corporates, the community, and events including the third-party-fundraisers in order to ensure that the budget target KPIs are achieved.
- Strategise and prepare the VC for the new normal in Siem Reap and Cambodia including revising and updating the visitor journey and experience as well as the information shared in the VC about AHC.
Visitor Centre (20%)
- Strategise AHC’s merchandise portfolio by researching customer demands and relevant trends to maximise sales revenue
- Oversee VC performance and backend operations (on-call, receiving in-kind donations, etc.)
Relationship and Event Management (30%)
- Meet and exceed the needs and expectations of existing and potential donors in order to maximize fundraising income, and to ensure long-term support of Angkor Hospital for Children.
- Work on mid to large scale fundraising events or activities with a local, regional, national, and international reach.
- Work in conjunction with the other fundraising team members to ensure strategic PR, marketing and communication plans are created to promote community and events fundraising activity effectively.
- Work closely with the external event organizers and fundraisers to maximize corporate and individual contacts to leverage and manage their participation in our events programme.
- Any work closely with the Volunteer Teams including AHC Staff Fundraising Challenge teams, AHC Public Relations Cambodia Advisory Group, AHC Fund Group – Korea, Friends of Friends – New York, and others as well as developing and implementing a fundraising volunteer plan to recruit and retain fundraising volunteers.
- Any other appropriate task/duty delegated by the Fundraising Co-Director as required.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master Degree, Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Sales, Fundraising, Communications or related field.
- Solid experience and understanding developing and managing strategic corporate relationships.
- A number of years experience working in corporate partnerships, community fundraising and / or events with demonstrable results.
- Track record of successfully setting and delivering to clearly defined objectives and KPIs.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting income and expenditure budgets.
- Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating successful community and events fundraising programs with a track record of hitting targets.
- Knowledge of how to inspire and mobilise people, with a passion for engaging and delighting donors, in order to build up a community of volunteer-fundraisers.
- Problem solving and decision making skills with a track record of using good judgment to make decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Strong writing skills and excellent verbal communicator.
- Experience of working constructively and collaboratively with internal team.
- Calmness under pressure and an ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload whilst working to the strict deadlines.
- Honest and reliable.
- A dynamic personality who is pro-active, independent, a quick thinker, able to problem solve ‘on the go’.
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to represent AHC professionally.
- Excellent standard of computer literacy as well as understanding of design programmes.
- Able to multi-task – work on many projects simultaneously.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, as making key working relationships will be important.
- Ability to learn the new things, to work flexible hours, to travel nationally and overseas.
- Ability to take constructive criticism on board and make adjustments accordingly.
- Receptive and open to new ideas and ready to develop new initiatives.
- Line management or mentoring experience of coaching team members to achieve results.
- International development / humanitarian experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of global child health issues and development.
- Strong knowledge of Asia-Pacific corporate market.
- Retail experience / experience generating income from a Visitor Centre or equivalent.
- Competitive salary for the industry and market
- Two year, fixed term contract with the possibility for extension
- Health insurance including medevac
- Generous paid time-off allowance plus certain national holidays
- Flight allowance at the start and end of contract
About Siem Reap
AHC is located in the heart of Siem Reap town, Cambodia’s number one tourist destination. With the Angkor Archaeological Park including world famous temples such as Angkor Wat, Bayon, and Ta Phrom just over 7km away, Siem Reap town is a tourist hot spot with restaurants, modern hotels, infrastructure and fun weekend activities. In 2019, before COVID-19, Siem Reap welcomed 2.2 million international visitors.
Siem Reap town is slowly recovering from the challenges of the pandemic. There is a small and tight-knit community of expats, with creatives, NGO workers, and entrepreneurs making their home here. Siem Reap is the perfect place for someone who is active, loves nature and exploring what Cambodia has to offer.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to fill in and submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificates of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (855) 63 963 409,017 72 72 62 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Fundraising Co-Director (Communications, Corporate & Events) Arun Sinketh on [email protected].