To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Dental Nurse
Vacancy : 01 position
Report to : Dental Nurse Manager
Job location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Working hours : 45 hours per Week
Closing date : 20-Feb-2020
Introduction : Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is a non-profit organization providing free medical care to children in Siem Reap. AHC is looking for a highly motivated individual who can fill the currently vacant position of Dental Nurse (1 post). The successful applicant will be a person who is highly motivated to learn and further develop their skills working for a NGO non-profit hospital.
General description : Dental Nurses are responsible for assisting Dentists and perform some dental procedures with the primary care of the children who come to the Dental Clinic. The Dental Nurse are directly accountable to the Dental Unit Manager.
1. Perform dental procedure such as extraction, filling, scaling…etc. according to AHC Pediatric Dental Nursing Standards Manual
2. Cleaning and sterilizing dental instruments
3. Maintain all of a child’s written dental nursing note using the guidelines in the AHC Pediatric Dental Nursing Standards Manual
4. Monitor children’s condition and inform Dentist about concerns you have. Take appropriate action
5. Think of the child as part of a family and involve the family in the care of their child. Inform them of all the treatments their child are receiving and ensure that they understand and give consent
6. Practice procedures following the AHC Pediatric Nursing Standards and Dental Nursing Standards Manual. Confirm with dentist if the procedure beyond to your job description (out of scope of practice)
7. Recognize the importance of good hygiene for the child and the hospital department
8. Teach and encourage good personal hygiene to the children and their family
9. Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the hospital department and equipment to prevent the spread of infection
10. Give the children age appropriate and educationally related toys and play therapies
11. Always ask for help when you are unsure, uncertain or do not know what to do.
12. Anticipate the needs of the children and the department e.g. informing storeroom about shortages of supplies
13. Refer problems to the Dental Unit Manager, Advisor or senior dental nurse who’s assigned as appropriate
14. Offer help to colleagues during times when you are not busy and in emergency situations
• Associate Degree in Dental Nursing or higher
• Be adaptable and change roles to meet the needs of the department
• Arrive at work on time, wearing the correct uniform and ensuring personal hygiene
• Treat all people in the hospital politely and with respect (colleagues, visitors, children and their families)
• Be enthusiastic, team work oriented, and highly committed to the hospital
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be creative and flexible at work
• Able to cope with stress
How to apply : Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/) along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: Tel: (855) 63 963 409, 078 49 87 88/093 977 363 or via email: [email protected]rg. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.