To: All interested candidates
From: Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position: Dentist Volunteer
Nature of work: Full-time or part-time volunteer
Working hours: Negotiable
Period of Volunteer: 2 weeks or more
Job Location: Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap
Report to: Chief of Dental Department – AHC Cambodia
Benefits: Refer to the policies
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
With the growth of the amount of works in the Dental Department, a position of the Dentist Volunteer has been created to support day-to-day operations in our dental department, which provides clinical treatment to around 40 patients a day and the outreach program, which sees around 20 patients per trip.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide a comprehensive dental management to the patients in AHC and the outreach sites.
- To promote the dental awareness to the patients and their caregivers through dental health education.
- To build the capacity of the staff in the dental department by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Any other appropriate tasks delegated from the Chief of Dental Department.
- Required Qualification: To be registered in the Cambodian Dental Council.
- Working Experience: Not necessary but preferable.
- Requirement for Skills and Abilities:
- Confident to produce and understand written and spoken English at professional level.
- Honest and reliable.
- Ability to work under pressure due to the heavy patient load.
- Willing to travel locally with our staff to the outreach sites.
- Keen to learn and share knowledge and experience.
- Able to complete the following procedures competently
- Root canal treatment
- Incision and drainage
- Dental sealants
How to Apply
Anyone interested in volunteering for the above position at Angkor Hospital for Children should submit the following documents to AHC volunteer coordinator at [email protected]
- Curriculum Vitae
- Criminal background check (លិខិតថ្កោលទោស)
- Copies of your passport (foreigner) or Identity card (Cambodian)
- Passport-size photograph
- Travel insurance (foreigner)
If you need more information about this volunteer position please contact Dr. Bou Naren: (855) 77 571 494