Reporting to: Development Director, AHC
Direct Reports: Fundraising team (4-5 people)
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Geographical area: Siem Reap, Cambodia
AHC is a leading paediatric health care organisation with a mission of improving health care for all Cambodian children. This is reflected through provision of specialist paediatric health services that often cannot be found elsewhere, while building the capacity of health workers from throughout Cambodia to enact quality paediatric care. AHC has provided over 2 million medical treatments to children from across the country, but our impact is felt far beyond our hospital walls as we strengthen the healthcare system through innovative and effective programs that address today’s child health challenges. To help facilitate this and build upon our existing work, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic Development Team of seven who are based in Cambodia and further strengthen our fundraising capabilities.
The Deputy Development Director will be crucial in supporting AHC’s Development Department who are charged with funding the majority of the organisation’s US$5.5 million dollar annual operating budget. AHC is a leading child healthcare organization in Cambodia whose impact is wide reaching. Ultimately, the incoming team member will be a part of transforming the healthcare landscape in Cambodia.
This position oversees the Siem Reap based fundraising team and reports to the Development Director (remote). The role will have extensive interaction with the organization’s executive management team, board of directors, cross-functional business units and influential international donors.
The primary responsibilities of this role are leading a diverse team and facilitating the flow of new and existing international revenue streams to ensure fundraising targets are met. The ideal candidate will be able to identify new funding opportunities, have experience in developing strategic proposals, supporting the timely development of quality reports, and be comfortable interfacing with various donors from HNW to foundations to corporates. As a result, candidates should have a proven record in fundraising from a variety of sources, experience of writing detailed proposals and excellent networking and communication skills.
AHC works with leading funders from around the world to achieve our mission and this is a fast paced and varied role, requiring communication and team work in a multicultural environment and across diverse stakeholder groups.
Leadership and oversight
- Day to day oversight of team of 4-5 fundraisers based in Siem Reap
- Report to Development Director on a weekly basis on progress, activities and challenges either in an email report or on a phone call
- Manage team outputs across multiple fundraising functions to ensure fundraising targets are on track
- Contribute to department and fundraising strategy
- Lead execution of fundraising strategies for revenue streams including grants, individuals and fundraising events
- Represent AHC with high profile donors and pitch funding proposals to various donors
- Provide continuous input to proposal development, reporting frameworks and other systems and processes
- Successfully identify new high-value donors/funding opportunities and initiate tailored approaches to solicit future partnerships
- Develop high quality concept notes, proposals and applications, with a value ranging between $1000,000 – $500,000 per annum, while coordinating the development process with all relevant medical and non-medical departments
- Draft, develop and refine high quality donor reports and associated communications, ensuring compliance with AHC and donor requirements
Outreach and networking
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of international donors though in-person meetings (where possible), phone calls, and other regular, informed and strategic communications
- Stay informed and up to date on sector and impact trends
- Coordinate with AHC’s Communications team to develop case studies and other relevant collateral to aid the fundraising process
- Support cross-functional relationships with other units within the organization
Qualifications / skills:
The holder of this position will:
- Have a proven track record of at least five years in fundraising
- Three years or more of managerial experience
- Experience working for a nonprofit and/or in a low-resource setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate relationships across varying levels of seniority; ability to work collaboratively with others to locate opportunities for financial support and reach organisational goals
- Superior ability in explaining complex issues to external partners, presenting the organisation and diverse operations in a compelling manner, including when to leverage experience of internal stakeholders in a sales pitch; understanding of how to align the needs and interests of the organization with those of a partner
- Excellent management and human resource skills; the ability to create a fundraising and communications team for the future
- Excellent network and networking skills
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to motivate and coach staff
What AHC offers:
- Competitive salary for the industry and market
- Two year, fixed term contract with the possibility for extension
- Health insurance
- Generous paid time-off allowance plus certain national holidays
- Annual flight allowance to your home country
- Experience in the international development sector with one of the region’s leading child health organisations
- Opportunity to learn from sector experts while collaborating with a multicultural and diverse team
- Exposure to child health projects, innovative organisational strategies and influential networks in the dialogue on global child health
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.