Reporting to: Deputy Director, Development Department
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position base: Siem Reap, Cambodia
AHC is a leading paediatric health care organisation with a mission of improving health care for all Cambodian children. This is reflected through provision of specialist paediatric health services that often cannot be found elsewhere, while building the capacity of health workers from throughout Cambodia to enact quality paediatric care. AHC has provided over 2 million medical treatments to children from across the country, but our impact is felt far beyond our hospital walls as we strengthen the healthcare system through innovative and effective programs that address today’s child health challenges. To help facilitate this and build upon our existing work, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic Development Team of seven who are based in Cambodia and further strengthen our fundraising capabilities.
- Act as central liaison point between Development Department with other AHC Departments including building strong working relationships, addressing any communication challenges, and ensuring the information needs of the Development team are met with minimal disruption to other Departments’ duties.
- Effectively capture patient stories to support the development of high-quality case studies, including interviews, initial drafting, and in certain cases photography.
- Maintain internal tracking database of reporting timelines and requirements and coordinate with the Deputy Development Director to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule.
- Work with the Development Team and external Departments to facilitate project kick-off meetings and establish and maintain project indicators.
- Manage donor accounts including the SEVA account, which is one of AHC’s largest donors. This will include donor liaison, coordination, and regular updates.
- Organise logistics of all donor visits and conduct hospital tours to donors/visitors when required.
- Contribute to the management of new business donor and prospect records using eTapestry and Microsoft Teams, maintaining clear and timely records to track contacts, donor giving, notes and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database.
- Attend relevant coordination meetings with current and potential donors’ partners and other stakeholders when requested, as delegated by the Deputy Development Director.
- Support other Development Department functions including proposal development, reporting, events, individual fundraising and communications as required.
- Lead all team administrative tasks including maintaining and proper filing of key donor documents such as contracts, issuing team purchase requests, etc.
Key qualifications and skills
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in business, marketing, communications, international development, or other relevant field.
- Manage own workload effectively as tasked.
- Show initiative by solving challenges, whilst at the same time recognising organisational constraints.
- Establish and build great relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, by displaying tact, understanding and care.
- Be mindful of office standards and contribute to finding creative improvements to day-to-day issues.
- Cooperate well with all colleagues both within and outside of the Department and respond positively to suggestions and feedback.
- Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the department.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and able to analyse data.
- Excellent English writing skills.
What AHC offers:
- Competitive salary for the industry and market
- Two year, fixed term contract with the possibility for extension
- Health insurance
- Generous paid time-off allowance plus certain national holidays
- Annual flight allowance to your home country
- Experience in the international development sector with one of the region’s leading child health organisations
- Opportunity to learn from sector experts while collaborating with a multicultural and diverse team
- Exposure to child health projects, innovative organisational strategies and influential networks in the dialogue on global child health
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.