To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resources Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Finance Director
Report to : Chief Executive Officer
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Working Hours : 40 hours per week
Closing Date : 12th February 2021 at 5.00 pm
AHC is a leading paediatric health care organisation with a mission of improving health care for all Cambodian children. This is reflected through provision of specialist paediatric health services that often cannot be found elsewhere, while building the capacity of health workers throughout Cambodia to enact quality paediatric care. AHC has provided over 2.4 million medical treatments to children from across the country, but our impact is felt far beyond our hospital walls as we strengthen the healthcare system through innovative and effective programs that address today’s child health challenges.
The Finance Director is an important position, which will oversee and drive forward the Finance department, providing operational excellence to AHC.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Director will input to the organisation’s overall strategic direction and will be a source of, direction and encouragement for staff and AHC stakeholders
Duties and responsibilities
- To bring a seasoned commercial mindset to AHC senior management team
- Inspire and coach AHC’s finance team and build understanding of financial management across the senior management team
- Serve as AHC’s financial leader by communicating with and providing technical assistance to partners, funders, auditors, and internal team members, including AHC’s Executive Committee and senior management
- Leading the development of initiatives supporting AHC’s strategic objective of being a leading model of excellence in non-profit organizational governance
- Guide the Finance department in the maintenance of robust accounting processes and financial controls which deliver accurate income and expenditure recording, and safeguard good stewardship of the funds entrusted to us
- Oversee the banking requirements of AH, ensuring adequate facilities in Cambodia and globally whilst minimising the cost to the organisation
- Oversee the preparation of AHCs financial budget and long-term financial plans ensuring they support the organisations strategic aims – and provide clear advice to the Chief Executive Officer and other senior colleagues on such matters
- Develop and implement an information technology strategy for the finance department to deliver effectiveness and efficiency
- Oversee all aspects of financial reporting to AHC stakeholders, including the Executive committee, the international board, donors, relevant authorities and AHC departments
- Lead the running of the introduction of fee charging at AHC
- Ensure the organisation is effectively managing compliance with relevant legislation and regulations – including NGO law, tax law, employment law and data protection – and uphold best practice in all key areas, overseeing legal obligations and advice for all of AHC’s national and international entities
- Overseeing the company secretarial work for all of AHC’s legal entities
- Support the Board of directors by being the main point of contact for the Audit and Risk Board Committee and by performing duties as the Board of Directors’ secretary
- Ensure the organisation effectively manages risk by oversee and updating AHC risk register every quarter with support from the CEO
- Continually protect, demonstrate, and promote AHC’s values both within the organisation and with external stakeholders, and maintain a positive, healthy and safe working environment for all our people
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, donors, and partners, and represent the organisation externally as required
- To undertake special projects as requested by the CEO as time allows and as required
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A degree in a relevant subject and / or ten years’ relevant work experience.
- Qualified Accountant
- Working at senior management level, including leading finance functions.
- Developing and implementing information technology strategy in a complex organization.
- Negotiating and influencing at a strategic level and building high-level relationships and partnerships.
- Working with and providing reports to senior executives and boards.
- Managing relationships with external service providers, including advisors and technology suppliers.
- Leading, building and developing the capabilities of driven, bright and diverse teams.
- Consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis and judgement.
- Preferable previously worked for an NGO or non-profit organisation.
- Well-developed leadership, management and coaching skills (on both a team and individual basis).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Written and verbal English at a degree of fluency which means can interact with fluent speakers on complex topics without strain to either party.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with a demonstrable ability to persuade, convince and effectively interact with others.
- Resilient, flexible and self-motivated.
- Proven track record of implementing and overseeing robust processes, procedures and project management.
- Ability to provide inspiring leadership and manage continuity, change and transition.
- Culturally sensitive, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in different countries and settings.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Excel, Outlook, Power point and finance packages.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.