Position title: Fundraising Officer
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Development Department
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position base: Siem Reap, Cambodia
AHC is a leading paediatric health care organisation with a mission of improving health care for all Cambodian children. This is reflected through provision of specialist paediatric health services that often cannot be found elsewhere, while building the capacity of health workers from throughout Cambodia to enact quality paediatric care. AHC has provided over 2 million medical treatments to children from across the country, but our impact is felt far beyond our hospital walls as we strengthen the healthcare system through innovative and effective programs that address today’s child health challenges. To help facilitate this and build upon our existing work, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic Development Team of seven who are based in Cambodia and further strengthen our fundraising capabilities.
The Fundraising Officer will play a supportive role across the Development Department’s various revenue streams and contribute to the achieving fundraising targets by providing quality and proper stewardship of medium sized grants. This will include identifying new funding opportunities and developing and designing proposals for both new and existing donors with the team. The Fundraising Officer will fulfil Grant Management responsibilities including supporting on the timely development of quality reports and supporting the local grants team in editing their work. The Fundraising Officer will also ensure proper filing of related documents and of regularly updating the organisation’s donor tracker.
New business (40%)
- Identify viable new donors / funding opportunities from various sources
- Under the guidance of Deputy Development Director, provide dedicated support to the development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Contribute to the management of new business donor and prospect records using eTapestry, maintaining clear and timely records to track contacts, donor giving, notes and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database
Grant management (30%)
- Assist in donor reporting processes through the coordination and drafting of high quality donor reports (quarterly, interim, annual and final), ensuring compliance with AHC and donor requirements.
- Maintain internal tracking database of reporting timelines and requirements and coordinate with the Deputy Development Director and Fundraising Manager to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule.
- Review local grant team member’s reports as requested, providing constructive feedback.
- Cultivate and maintain portfolio of smaller donors (10k – 75k USD) in order to facilitate the solicitation of additional asks and upgrades.
- Draft renewal concept note and proposals for active donors.
- Provide support to the Development Department in the organisation of donors’ visits.
- Attend relevant coordination meetings with current and potential donors’ partners and other stakeholders when requested, as delegated by the Deputy Development Director
- Support other Development Department functions including events and individuals fundraising as required.
Key qualifications and skills
- Have a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in business, marketing, communications, international development, or other relevant fields
- At least three years of experience in fundraising/grant management role with demonstrable experience in securing proposals valued over $30,000
- Accomplished proposal and report writer with excellent writing/editing capabilities and strong analytical/research skills, ideally in a health-related field
- Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines
- Experience in filing and database management
- Ability to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to proposals and reports
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the department
- Superior English writing skills
What AHC offers
- Competitive salary for the industry and market
- Two year, fixed term contract with the possibility for extension
- Health insurance
- Generous paid time-off allowance plus certain national holidays
- Annual flight allowance to your home country
- Experience in the international development sector with one of the region’s leading child health organisations
- Opportunity to learn from sector experts while collaborating with a multicultural and diverse team
- Exposure to child health projects, innovative organisational strategies and influential networks in the dialogue on global child health
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter via email to [email protected] with position title in the subject line.