To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resources Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Report to : Ophthalmology chief of Unit
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap Province
Working Hours : 40 hours per week
Closing Date : 29th July 2021 at 5.00 pm
Duties and responsibilities
General Medical doctor will train to be Pediatric Ophthalmologist is responsible for learning on examining and managing eye clinic patients and patients who are admitted for ophthalmologic problems.
Areas of duties and responsibilities/accountabilities
- Eye examination, consultation and prescription in Eye Clinic and OPD under supervision.
- Inpatients admitted for ophthalmologic problem.
- Consulting physician for patients with medical problem who have a secondary ophthalmologic issue.
- Assist Eye surgery in OT assist Pediatric Ophthalmologist
- Emergency cases as needed
- Assist minor procedure cases in Eye minor procedure room.
- On call for emergency cases follow schedule on call When assigned.
- Assist volunteer ophthalmologists and actively make an effort to learn from them.
- Attend outreach program and Eye-Camp activities
General pediatric Responsibilities
- Orientation as pediatrician during probation period.
- Full working at eye clinic after finish probation period.
- Attend General Doctor meeting each month.
- Active attending lecture from eyes clinic staff.
- Attend English classes if needed.
- Attend CME activities like Journal Club and Mortality Meetings.
- Keep up to date with current ophthalmologic practices and share any new information with other medical staff.
- Educate patients and families about diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and basic eye care including preventative care like hygiene and injury prevention.
- Provide lectures related to eyes disease as requested.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent ability to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Good organization skills and time management
- Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with others, including employees, colleagues, donors, visitors, and personnel of outside agencies and organizations
- Demonstrated confidence and flexible schedule
- Ability to cope with stress
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Communication Skills
- Finish general medical doctor diploma form medical university local or international
- Medical doctor diploma or diploma in any specialty
- Minimum office Computer skills (Words, Excels, Unicode )
- Fluent oral and written English
- Abilities to learn and adapt new technical skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.