To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Job location : AHC Siem Reap, Cambodia
Report to : Fundraising Co-Director (Grants & Individuals), Fundraising Department
Vacancy : 01 position
Working hours : 40 hours/week
Salary & benefits : Based on the employment contract
Closing Date : 16 September 2022 at 5:00pm
Are you a skilled major gift fundraiser looking for a new challenge? Would you like to join a pioneering fundraising team improving health care for all Cambodian children?
Angkor Hospital for Children is a leading children’s healthcare organisation with a mission to improve healthcare for all Cambodian children. For over twenty years, families have brought their children to the hospital for life-saving medical treatment, free of charge. The hospitals sees hundreds of children every day and provides specialist treatment rarely found elsewhere in Cambodia. AHC has provided over 2.5 million medical treatments to children from across the country.
AHC is one of three paediatric teaching hospitals in Cambodia, working to train and develop the next generation of health workers. We work in communities to engage, empower and educate on health issues in order to prevent children becoming ill. We share our learning through research to improve healthcare for children around the world. Every day the team are saving and improving children’s lives, with the support of donors near and far.
It is an exciting time to join AHC. Transitioning to local leadership is a pillar of the current strategic plan and for the first time in the organisation’s history, the organisation’s CEO and all Heads of Department are Cambodian. In early 2022, the Development function of international staff and PR function of local staff merged to create a multi-disciplinary Fundraising Department staffed by talented national and international communications specialists and fundraisers. The new department is responsible for delivering the organisation’s US$5.5 million dollar annual operating budget. Last year, 35% of AHC’s income came from within Cambodia, with the remainder from international sources. AHC is looking for a talented, dedicated and experienced high value relationship fundraiser to lead the Individual Giving team.
The Individuals Manager leads a team of three fundraisers responsible for raising c$2 million per year for the hospital from individual donors. The role is responsible for delivering a great supporter experience and building long-term relationships with supporters, leading to increased and sustained giving. The role will spearhead the significant growth opportunities across low-value monthly, mid-value, major and legacy giving to deliver a step-change in annual income. This role will manage relationships with some of AHC’s most significant individual donors, working closely with the Fundraising Co-Directors, board and AHC senior management to steward and inspire gifts.
The team contains a Regular Giving Officer, Major Giving Senior Officer (Cambodian focus) and a Planned Giving Officer (international focus). AHC has a solid existing database of current donors, and giving from individuals is a key fundraising strategic priority. The team will manage a growing number of regular givers in Cambodia, a portfolio of existing Cambodian donors giving over $1k and a group of international high-value donors (5-6 figures). You will develop and support a team of both national and international staff, building skills and expertise within the team.
Donors within Cambodia are a focus of this role, however there are also significant opportunities for developing new relationships in areas of existing AHC support internationally (Hong Kong, Singapore, US and UK). There will be opportunities to travel for donor meetings. The post holder will work with programme and senior colleagues to build relationships with donors, tailor individualised proposals and provide prompt and heartfelt thank you’s and other engagement activities. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of cultivating relationships with high value donors, senior volunteers (i.e. board members), prospecting, securing meetings and retaining donors.
This is a varied and exciting opportunity for a skilled fundraiser to drive sustainable income growth for one of the region’s leading child health organisations, working with incredible donors within Cambodia and around the world. It is an opportunity to work in a multicultural and diverse team, with donors of a broad range of backgrounds, pioneering an innovative fundraising approach combining local and international experience. You’ll be based in the hospital grounds, seeing the impact of your fundraising on a daily basis. You will be part of ensuring children in Cambodia get the high quality compassionate medical care they deserve, now and for years to come.
New relationships (30%)
- Work with existing supporters and senior volunteers to find new high-value donors and secure meetings and visits to engage them with AHC’s purpose and strategy.
- Proactively manage the high-value pipeline to convert prospects into gifts, using creative engagement plans and thoughtful approaches to new donors.
- Develop engaging and high quality proposals ($10,000-$500,000), matching AHC projects to the needs of donors.
- Support the team to build new relationships and gifts across their areas of responsibility.
Planning and line management (20%)
- Co-create and deliver the individual giving programme growth plan.
- Provide line management and coaching to line reports, developing talent and expertise.
- Provide regular management reports on progress to target, identifying any challenges and proposing solutions.
- Build capacity of the team to identify and cultivate new business opportunities.
Relationship Management and Donor Appreciation (30%)
- To provide outstanding stewardship to all donors working with senior leadership and programme staff to offer unique thanking opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain a portfolio of donors (active and lapsed funders) in order to solicit additional asks and upgrades.
- To support the development and delivery of the team’s cultivation and stewardship event programme.
- Develop AHC’s donor management systems and processes, ensuring excellent and timely thanking and maintaining clear and accurate records.
- Encourage long-term support through regular or multi-year pledges.
- Develop AHC’s legacy / gifts-in-wills proposition, test with donors and implement findings in order to grow the number of legacy pledges.
Appeals and donor communications (20%)
- Work closely with AHC’s Communications team to provide donor insight and technical support for two annual appeals.
- Work closely with the AHC’s Communications team to find patients stories and develop other relevant collateral.
- Support the Communications team to develop a calendar of mass communications that complements the ‘above and beyond’ supporter experience provided by the Individuals team.
- Support other Fundraising Department functions as and when required.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing, communications, international development, or other relevant fields.
- Track-record of securing four, five and six figure gifts from individual donors.
- Warm, friendly and outgoing personality and expert relationship builder, able to build rapport quickly with supporters of all backgrounds.
- Proven experience of establishing new networks and securing meetings.
- Strong personal gravitas and confident communicating with senior stakeholders, confident public speaker.
- Skilled writer able to create compelling and inspiring proposals.
- Track-record of successfully delivering to clearly defined targets and KPIs and experience managing a pipeline of opportunities independently.
- Quick learner, able to absorb and conceptualise child health projects in a low resource setting and translate that to funder interests.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
- Able to work well both within a team and independently in a fast-moving multicultural environment
- Extensive knowledge of individual giving disciplines and evidenced commitment to professional development. Ability to handle and utilise constructive feedback to improve results.
- Calm under pressure and dynamic, flexible, organized with the ability to multi-task, hit deadlines and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Motivated, target-driven and self-starter showing tenacity to get results.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of working with databases and contact relationship management systems (i.e. Salesforce) and excellent IT skills including experience with Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Genuine commitment and passion for the work of Angkor Hospital for Children.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to collect and assess information rapidly, identifying key points and summarise as appropriate.
- Line management or mentoring experience of coaching team members to achieve results.
- International development / humanitarian experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of global child health issues and development.
- Competitive salary for the industry and market
- Two year, fixed term contract with the possibility for extension
- Health insurance including medevac
- Generous paid time-off allowance plus certain national holidays
- Flight allowance at the start and end of contract
About Siem Reap
AHC is located in the heart of Siem Reap town, Cambodia’s number one tourist destination. With the Angkor Archaeological Park including world famous temples such as Angkor Wat, Bayon, and Ta Phrom just over 7km away, Siem Reap town is a tourist hot spot with restaurants, modern hotels, infrastructure and fun weekend activities. In 2019, before COVID-19, Siem Reap welcomed 2.2 million international visitors.
Siem Reap town is slowly recovering from the challenges of the pandemic. There is a small and tight-knit community of expats, with creatives, NGO workers, and entrepreneurs making their home here. Siem Reap is the perfect place for someone who is active, loves nature and exploring what Cambodia has to offer.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to fill in and submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificates of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (855) 63 963 409,017 72 72 62 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Fundraising Co-Director (Communications, Corporate & Events) Arun Sinketh on [email protected].