To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Manager of AHC’s Visitors Centre
Vacancy : 01 position
Report to : Director of Public Relations – Cambodia
Job location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Working hours : 45 hours per Week
Closing date : 17-Nov-2019
Introduction : AHC’s Visitor Centre is a central venue to welcome and inform national and international visitors about AHC activities and its position in the Cambodian health sector. The center contains a number of activities that need day-to-day management in order to attract an increasing number of people and (potential) donors such as; an exhibition of AHC activities in the past, the present and the future, merchandising, children dress-up and photo backdrop area.
General description : The Visitor Centre Manager is a member of the Public Relations – Cambodia team, to develop and deliver an approach to the running of the Visitor Centre including the growth of the sales operations, events and functions, with suggested strategies to maximize opportunities and increase revenue streams for the hospital.
- Optimize visitors flow through marketing & communications via the relevant media (local, national and international) in liaison with PR-Cambodia team and Communications Manager.
- Be responsible for marketing Visitors Centre to the local groups such as schools, tour agencies, and other business individuals and groups.
- Act as AHC’s representative, both within the VC and at other internal and external events as required.
- Be responsible for a development of a successful merchandising portfolio and looking for the outlets and events where AHC merchandises can be placed to maximize the sales revenues.
- Attend other appropriate functions and events as required and look at the products for sale at these shows for possible ideas for the VC.
- Manage, motivate, and develop the Visitors Centre team, making sure that they have a clear understanding of their roles and ability to deliver highest standard to all visitor at all time.
- Ensure appropriate levels of staffing are established and maintained at all time by managing the duties and the roster of the VC team members.
- Ensure VC is always clean, accessible, informative, and hospitable.
- Be responsible for day‐to‐day turn‐over financial management in liaison with Finance Department.
- Oversee management and accurate recording of all stock and financial transactions.
- Work with the Director of Public Relations and COO to setup the Plan of Annual Operation and Budget for the Visitors Centre.
- Oversee the management of all hospital donation boxes and perform the presentation to the patient’s families in the waiting area to raise more funds for the hospital as scheduled.
- Oversee the management of all donation boxes inside and outside the hospital to increase the funding for the hospital.
- Other appropriate tasks delegated by the Director of Public Relations – Cambodia and Executive Committee.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration – major in Marketing and Management, or related field. MBA would an advantage.
- 3 years in running the retail shop, or in sales and marketing, and events management.
- Managerial experience preferred.
Requirements for Skills and Abilities:
- Confident to produce and understand written and spoken Khmer and English at a professional level.
- A dynamic personality who is pro‐active, independent, a quick thinker, able to problem solve ‘on the go’.
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to represent AHC professionally.
- Honest and reliable.
- Able to multi‐task – work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Outlook, and comfortable using the internet.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, as making key working relationships is important.
- Ability to learn new things, to work flexible hours, to travel nationally or internationally.
- Ability to take constructive criticism on board and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Receptive and open to new ideas and ready to develop new initiatives.
How to apply : Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/) along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.