To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Report to : Laboratory Manager
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Salary & benefits : Based on the employment contract
Closing Date : 08th January 2023 at 17:00 pm
Angkor Hospital for children (AHC) is a non-profit organization providing medical care to children in Siem Reap. The Cambodia-Oxford Medical Research Unit (COMRU) is a medical research collaboration between Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) and the University of Oxford, UK. COMRU supports the diagnostic microbiology laboratory at AHC. The well-equipped BSL-2 laboratory processes around 10,000 clinical bacteriology samples per annum. In addition to bacterial culture, the laboratory also has ELISA, real-time PCR, MALDI-TOF, and whole genome sequencing capabilities. The unit’s research interests include invasive bacterial infection epidemiology and antimicrobial resistance, pneumonia and pneumococcal disease (colonisation dynamics / vaccine effects / diagnostics), hospital-acquired infection epidemiology, and neonatal infections.
AHC is looking for a highly motivated Cambodian individual who can fulfill the currently vacant position of Microbiology Lab Technician (1 position).
- Perform routine diagnostic microbiology laboratory procedures according to internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Perform research microbiology procedures according to internal SOPs to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Prepare culture media and laboratory reagents and perform quality control testing.
- Perform data entry and maintain record keeping for patient and research data.
- Assist with maintenance of the laboratory including equipment and stock.
- Work on weekend and public holiday duty when scheduled.
- Other laboratory duties as directed by senior staff.
- Lab Tech Certificate / Degree from a recognized university.
- Previous work experience in a microbiology laboratory is desirable but not essential.
- Good written and spoken English and Khmer.
- Willing to learn and improve knowledge and skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to work diligently with good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment involving different departments and outside agencies.
- Honest and trustworthy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to fill in an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from ( http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ )along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia.Tel: (855) 63 963 409, 017 72 72 62 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”