To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Nurse
Vacancy : 15 positions
Report to : Nursing Director
Job location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Working hours : 45 hours
Closing date : 31-Oct-19
Introduction : Angkor Hospital for children (AHC) is a non-profit organization providing free medical care to children in Siem Reap. AHC is looking for highly motivated individuals who can fulfill the currently vacant position of Nurse (15 posts). The successful applicant will be a person who is a highly motivated to learn and further develop their skills working for a NGO non-profit hospital.
General description :
- Deliver nursing care according to the nursing process.
- Maintain all of a child’s written nursing notes using the guidelines in the AHC Pediatric Nursing Standards Manual.
- Identify when a child is becoming severely ill. Inform the team leader and take appropriate action.
- Think of the child as part of a family and involve the family in the care of their child. Inform them of all the treatments their child is receiving and ensure that they understand and give consent.
- Recognize the importance of good hygiene for the child and the hospital department.
- Teach and encourage good personal hygiene to the children and their family.
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the hospital department and equipment to prevent the spread of infection.
- Anticipate the needs of the children and the department e.g. informing team leaders about shortages of supplies or preparing a bed space for a new child or a child returning from the Operating Theatre.
- Offer help to colleagues during times when you are not busy and in emergency situations.
- Be flexible about moving to other units during times of staff shortage.
- Educational Responsibilities
- Maintain a working level of English relevant the role of nurse in AHC.
- Have a good understanding of physiology, anatomy, disease and condition and continue to update an expand nursing knowledge.
- Recognize where one’s nursing knowledge is weak and seek help to strengthen it.
- Ask for teaching or explanation whenever necessary in the clinical setting.
- Determine learning goals following personal nursing evaluation.
- Take every opportunity to deliver health education to all children and their families.
- Attend CPR, Infection Control and Nursing Process refresher course once a year.
- Associated Degree in Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing certificate from an institution recognized by Ministry of Health
- And/or Ministry of Education Youths and Sport, Cambodia.
- Good written and spoken English and Khmer
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- To be able to work in a team environment involving different departments.
- Recognize the importance of good hygiene for the child and the hospital.
How to apply : Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/) along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 093 977 363,078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.