To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resources Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Saving Babies Lives Programme Officer
Vacancy : 01 position
Report to : Global Child Health Director
Job Location : Based 5 days a week in Preah Vihear Province & occasional travel to Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap Province
Working Hours : 45 hours per week including travel. Hospital vehicle departs AHC 7am Monday and arrives back at AHC 5pm Friday.
Closing Date : 20th September 2019 at 5.00 pm
The Saving Babies Lives programme aims to reduce the number of new-borns dying in Preah Vihear province, Cambodia by one-third. This will be achieved by the development of a comprehensive community heath package utilizing medical and social interventions in one of Cambodia’s poorest provinces, where positive health outcomes of babies are most at risk.
The Saving Babies Lives Programme (SBLP) Officer is a vital component of this new initiative and must be a nurse or a midwife. He/she plans, coordinates and implements the SBLP activities following the Annual Operational Plan (AOP) of the Global Child Health Department (GCHD) and SBLP. This includes assessment, teaching, mentoring, coaching, evaluating each stage and implementing the community activities.
- Develop his/her own individual plan for any given task within the GCHP/SBLP that is consistent with the strategic plan and AOP of GCHP/SBLP under the guidance of the Team Leaders and the GCHP Director.
- Act as a facilitator and mentor for the SBL training and coaching
- Lead the Baby Health Meeting with VHSG
- Discuss sensitive topics such as death of a child with caretaker
- Attend Induction Training/Training of Trainer in order build up competencies prior to providing SBL training to healthcare workers.
- Establish a good working relationship with the SBLP team and actively participate in GCHP/SBL meetings.
- Establish a good working relationship with the government health care workers across all levels and the PHD/OD staff and actively participate in PHD/OD meetings.
- Communicate with the relevant staff within both GCHP and the government health care workers in order to conduct the SBLP activities such as teaching, mentoring and arranging meetings.
- Carry out the KAPES assessment (Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice, Equipment, Staff) at the HC, HP and Referral Hospital per plan.
- Provide teaching, coaching and mentoring to the staff at the hospital, health centers and health posts.
- Conduct and join the meetings with government health care workers.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Nursing from an institution recognized by Ministry of Education Youths and Sport and the Ministry of Health, Cambodia.
- Nursing Experience: at least 5 years experience in nursing within AHC or a clinical setting outside of AHC.
- AHC Team leader level is preferable.
- Good spoken and written English
- Able to communicate effectively with all members of community
- Comfortable in a rural environment and working in villages.
- Good organization, time keeping, and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel and back and forth to Preah Vihear, and to health centers/health posts in within Preah Vihear province.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Confident speaking in large groups and participating in discussions
- Ability to work independently; to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team
- Ability to write summary reports for the project’s responsibilities
- Understand the mission of Angkor Hospital for Children
- Enthusiasm for the Saving Babies Lives Program
- To be willing to adapt to potential challenges faced during the program
- To be passionate to improve the health and well being of neonates and their caregivers in remote areas.
- Induction training to prepare SBLP officers to provide SBL training to healthcare workers is provided
- Shared accommodation is provided at Preah Vihear programme office
- Daily food allowance
- Monthly fieldwork allowance
- AHC vehicle departs AHC 7am Monday and arrives back at AHC in Siem Reap at 5pm Friday
- AHC vehicle with driver is used for all travel required within Preah Vihear province.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 017 855 541, 078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.