To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resources Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : Saving Babies Lives Programme Officer
Vacancy : 01 position
Report to : SBL Programme Lead
Job Location : Based 5 days a week in Preah Vihear Province & occasional travel to Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap Province
Working Hours : 40 hours per week including travel. Hospital vehicle departs AHC 7am Monday and arrives back at AHC 5pm Friday.
Closing Date : 04th December 2020 at 5.00 pm
Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) has designed a study entitled: Saving Babies Lives (SBL). It aims to reduce the number of neonates dying in Preah Vihear province by one-third.
The SBL Officer role is vital to achieve this. They must be a nurse or a midwife, preferably with 3 years paediatric or neonatal clinical experience. The SBL Officer works with VHSGs, and government healthcare workers in health centres, health posts and hospitals. The SBL Officer plans, coordinates and implements SBL activities including teaching, mentoring, facilitating, interviewing, data collecting. All activities are in Preah Vihear province. SBL Officers work and stay in Preah Vihear province 5 days a week. Transport is provided.
The SBL team includes 6-8 SBL Officers and the SBL Leadership team (SBL Programme, Clinical and Community Leads). SBL Officers have a unique opportunity to participate in an exciting programme that will save many neonatal lives, and at the same time the Officer can learn many skills to develop themself professionally.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct all roles and responsibilities under the guidance of the SBL Leadership team.
support from the SBL Leadership team the SBL Officer are expected to develop
competencies to conduct high quality SBL work, including:
- Develop organisation, leadership and management skills
- Develop teaching, practical training, mentoring and communication skills
- Develop group facilitation skills
- Develop knowledge of government health system and government neonatal guidelines
- Develop understanding of research
- Participate in all internal SBL training, including Induction, KAPES, Training of Trainer, Mentor training and other relevant courses.
- Initially conduct SBL work with strong support from Team Leaders, then expected to progress to become more independent
- Develop own individual professional development plan to conduct SBL work effectively
- Develop own individual action plan for any given SBL task
- Communicate with the relevant staff within both SBL and Preah Vihear to conduct SBL activities
- Organise, lead, facilitate groups and collect data for the Baby Health Meetings with VHSGs
- Discuss sensitive topics such as death of a baby with caretaker
- Provide teaching, practical training and mentoring to staff at the hospital, health centres and health posts
- Conduct KAPES survey (Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice, Equipment, Staff) at health facilities
- Establish good teamwork with the whole SBL team and actively participate in SBL meetings.
Establish a good working relationship with VHSGs, all levels of government healthcare workers, and PHD/OD staff
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Nursing from an institution recognized by Ministry of Education Youths and Sport and the Ministry of Health, Cambodia.
- Nursing Experience: at least 5 years experience in nursing within AHC or a clinical setting outside of AHC.
- AHC Team leader level is preferable.
- Good spoken and written English
- Able to communicate effectively with all members of community
- Comfortable in a rural environment and working in villages.
- Good organization, time keeping, and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel and back and forth to Preah Vihear, and to health centers/health posts in within Preah Vihear province.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Confident speaking in large groups and participating in discussions
- Ability to work independently; to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team
- Ability to write summary reports for the project’s responsibilities
- Understand the mission of Angkor Hospital for Children
- Enthusiasm for the Saving Babies Lives Program
- To be willing to adapt to potential challenges faced during the program
- To be passionate to improve the health and well being of neonates and their caregivers in remote areas.
- Induction training to prepare SBLP officers to provide SBL training to healthcare workers is provided
- Shared accommodation is provided at Preah Vihear programme office
- Daily food allowance
- Monthly fieldwork allowance
- AHC vehicle departs AHC 7am Monday and arrives back at AHC in Siem Reap at 5pm Friday
- AHC vehicle with driver is used for all travel required within Preah Vihear province.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 017 855 541, 078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.