School Nurse Officer
To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Children
Position : School Nurse Officer
Vacancy : 01 position
Report to : External Program Director
Job location : AHC Siem Reap, Cambodia
Working hours : 45 hours per week
Closing date : 12-Oct-2019
Introduction : Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is a non-profit organization providing free medical care to children in Siem Reap. AHC is looking for a highly motivated individuals who can fill the currently vacant position School Nurse Officer (01). The successful applicant will be a person who is highly motivated to learn and further develop their skills working for a NGO non-profit hospital.
General description : The School Nurse Officer works closely with principals, teachers, health center staff and other relevant government and NGO staff, to improve and promote health care and clinical decision making based on outcomes, process performance, and evidence based guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures of the AHC and schools.
- Provides training on the following topics to primary school teachers and students: First-aid (provider and instructor course), Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Basic eye education, and Basic dental education
- Facilitates and coordinates dental treatment, Basic Eye Care and education between health professionals and primary school teachers
- Works closely with teachers to help them identify student health problems such as dental and eye conditions, general health condition and nutritional status to enable teachers to refer students to health services as appropriate.
- Liaises with local health government staff about treatments provided in their community and make them aware of possible complications arising from treatments.
- Assists in design of health education materials such as posters and flipcharts for schools.
- Works closely with school teachers to make sure soap is always available for hand washing
- Assists in regular monitoring of student behavior regarding hand hygiene, tooth brushing and weekly fluoride mouth rinse
- Performs other administrative functions such as reporting
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree of Nursing is essential
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Ministry of Health (MoH), Kingdom of Cambodia
- Three years’ work experience in nursing within AHC or clinical setting outside of AHC Nursing License registered with the Nursing Council
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Experience in teaching will be viewed favorably
- Strong understanding of national school healthcare structure and policy would be an advantage
- Basic computer skills in the following areas: Word, Excel, Outlook and Unicode
- Ability to write summary reports for the project’s responsibilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills and active listening skills
- English language skills would be advantage
- Confident speaking in large groups, facilitating meetings and participating in discussion
- Good at building strong relationships
- Enthusiasm to learn and adopt new technical skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated with good organizational, time keeping and problem solving skills
- Able to work as part of a multicultural team, and facilitate teamwork when required
- Comfortable in a rural environment, working in villages and schools
- Understand and embody the vision and mission of Angkor Hospital for Children
How to apply : Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/) along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 069 818 773,092 976687,078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.