To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resources Department
Position : Visitor Centre Officer
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap , Cambodia
Report to : Manager of Communications and Visitor Centre
Vaccancy : 01 Position
Working hours : 40 hours/week
Salary & benefits : Based on the employment contract
Closing date : 24th April 2022 at 5:00pm (first come, first served)
AHC’s Visitor Centre (VC) is a central venue that welcomes and informs national and international visitors about AHC’s activities and its position in the Cambodian health sector. The centre contains a number of activities that need day-to-day management in order to coordinate the flow of visitors to AHC. VC officer will engage with a number of people including (potential) donors, and manage display of AHC activities and souvenir gift items, as well as donor receptions.
The Visitor Centre Officer is responsible for the coordination and management of all visitor services and operational activities in the VC.
- Deliver high level of guest relations and services.
- Be responsible for day-to-day operations of visitor experiences through the VC and the hospital.
- Develop thorough knowledge of the VC, the story it tells, the information displayed, the facilities, and commercial services to manage the VC efficiently to deliver the standards and targets expected of a visitor attraction.
- Manage a range of merchandise to sell, regularly reviewing sales performance indicators to ensure merchandise meets visitor demand and maximises profit for AHC.
- Ensure the VC is always clean, accessible, informative, and hospitable.
- Make everyone coming to the VC feel welcomed and appreciated.
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors, which includes coordinating visit bookings and hosting tours.
- Be responsible for VC’s daily operations, maintaining a pleasant environment, collecting visitor information, managing the day-to-day cashbook and turn-over financial management in liaison with Finance Department
- Organize the VC space for any special events, including donor receptions or meetings in the VC as required.
- Coordinate the sale of merchandise in the VC, at outlets, and in any event in the community to maximize the sales revenue.
- Be familiar with all merchandise and be able to provide detailed information of each to the guests in order to facilitate their decision to buy.
- Find outlets and any event opportunity to enable the sale of merchandise.
- Work with the team to select appropriate products that fit AHC concept.
- Be responsible for merchandise stock management and records.
- Work closely with the Manager of Communications and Visitor Centre to develop the annual operation plan and budget for the VC.
- Other appropriate tasks delegated by the Manager and the Department Head.
- Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration – major in Marketing or related field.
- Work Experience:
- 2 years in business management, communications, public relations, external relations, or related area.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Requirements for Skills and Abilities:
- Confident to produce and understand written and spoken Khmer and English at a professional level.
- A dynamic personality who is pro‐active, independent, a quick thinker, able to problem solve ‘on the go’.
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to represent AHC professionally.
- Honest and reliable.
- Able to multi‐task – work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Outlook, and comfortable using the internet.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, as making key working relationships is important.
- Ability to learn new things, to work flexible hours, to travel nationally or internationally.
- Ability to take constructive criticism on board and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Receptive and open to new ideas and ready to develop new initiatives.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to fill in and submit an Application for Employment (available at AHC’s HR Department or at http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/), Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificates or Degrees to:
Angkor Hospital for Children
Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street
Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50
Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 63 963 409 , 017 72 72 62 or via email: [email protected].
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered.