To : All interested candidate
From : Human Resources Department
Job Location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap
Report to : Manager of Communications and Visitor Centre
Vacancy : 01 Position
Closing date : 30th November 2021
AHC’s Visitor Centre is a central venue to welcome and inform national and international visitors about AHC activities and its position in the Cambodian health sector. The centre contains a number of activities that need day-to-day management in order to coordinate the flow of visitors in to AHC and to attract number of people including (potential) donors as well as a display of AHC activities and souvenir gift items, as well as the donation receptions.
The Visitor Centre Officer is responsible for the coordination and management of all visitor services and operational activities in the Visitor Centre to ensure the delivery of an exceptional visitor experience, including the implementation of the Visitor Centre’s gift sales activities and the donation receptions.
Job Objective (s):
- To deliver a high level of guest relations services.
- To take day-to-day operational responsibility for the visitor experience across whole Visitor Centre and the hospital.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the Visitor Centre, the story it tells, the information’s display, the facilities, and commercial services to ensure the Visitor Centre is efficiently managed to deliver the standards and targets expected of a visitor attraction.
- To manage and selection of a range of merchandises to sell, regularly reviewing sales performance indicators to ensure merchandises meet visitors demand and maximise the profit for AHC.
- Ensure VC is always clean, accessible, informative, and hospitable.
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors including the tour or visit booking and, importantly, to make people feel welcome and appreciated.
- Be responsible for the daily operations of the Visitor Centre maintaining a pleasant environment, visitor information collection, managing day-to-day cashbook and turn-over financial management in liaison with Finance Department, and organizing the space for any special event including donation reception or meeting in the Visitor Centre as required.
- Coordinate the sales of merchandises in the Visitor Centre, at outlets, and in any event in the community to maximize the sales revenues.
- Be familiar with all merchandise and be able to provide detailed information of each to the guests in order to facilitate their decision to buy.
- Find outlets and any event opportunity to enable the sales of merchandises.
- Work with the team to select appropriate products that fit AHC concept.
- Be responsible for merchandise stock management and recording.
- Work closely with the Manager of Communications and Visitor Centre to develop the annual operation plan and budget for the Visitor Centre.
- Other appropriate tasks delegated by the Manager and the Department Head.
- Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration – major in Marketing or related field.
- Work Experience:
- 2 years in business management, communications, public relations, external relations, or related area.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Requirements for Skills and Abilities:
- Confident to produce and understand written and spoken Khmer and English at a professional level.
- A dynamic personality who is pro‐active, independent, a quick thinker, able to problem solve ‘on the go’.
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to represent AHC professionally.
- Honest and reliable.
- Able to multi‐task – work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Outlook, and comfortable using the internet.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, as making key working relationships is important.
- Ability to learn new things, to work flexible hours, to travel nationally or internationally.
- Ability to take constructive criticism on board and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Receptive and open to new ideas and ready to develop new initiatives.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to fill in and submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/ along with Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter and eligible Certificates of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 63 963 409, 078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned. “Applicants who do not complete an AHC application form will not be considered”.