To : All interested candidates
From : Human Resource Department, Angkor Hospital for Child
Vacancy : 02 positions
Report to : Physiotherapy Unit Manager
Job location : Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Working hours : 45 hours per Week
Closing date : 17-Jan-2020
Introduction : Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is a non-profit organization providing free medical care to children in Siem Reap. AHC is looking for a highly motivated individual who can fill the currently vacant position of Physiotherapist (02 posts). The successful applicant will be a person who is highly motivated to learn and further develop their skills working for a NGO non-profit hospital.
General description : AHC commits to provide high quality medical care for the children of Cambodia and to support the families as they raise their children. The AHC Physiotherapist is the primary person responsible to provide physiotherapy service to patients and works closely with medical staff and other departments.
- Provide daily physiotherapy service to AHC’ patients
- Provide instruction to parents about how to do basic physiotherapy exercise with their child at home.
- Think of the child as part of a family and involve the family in the care of their child. Inform them of all the treatments their child is receiving and ensure that they understand and give consent.
- Maintain written documentation in the patient’s chart according to the physiotherapy documentation standards (Subject, Object, Therapy, Evaluation and Plan)
- Ensure that discharge planning and education of the parents are completed on time
- Identify if a patient is severely ill and act accordingly in any emergency situation and inform Unit Manager or co-worker to help as required.
- Give the children age appropriate treatment and educationally related toys and play therapies
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the equipment and hospital department to prevent the spread of infection
- Recognize the importance of good hygiene for the child and the hospital department
- Anticipate the needs of the children and the department e.g. informing Unit Manager about shortages of supplies (physiotherapy equipment).
- Offer help to colleagues during times when you are not busy and in emergency situations
- Be flexible about moving to other units during staff shortages.
- Associated Degree in Physiotherapy or higher Degree from an institution recognized by Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Education Youths and Sport, Cambodia.
- Newly graduated physiotherapists are encouraged to apply as training will be provided.
- Eager to continually be learning new skills and upgrading knowledge.
- Good written and spoken English and Khmer
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work in a team environment involving different departments.
How to apply : Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application for Employment (available at HR Department or download from http://angkorhospital.org/jobs/job-application-forms/) along with Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and eligible Certificate of degree to: Angkor Hospital for Children, Tep Vong Road & Umchhay Street, Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap province‐district, PO Box 50, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (+855) 63 963 409, 093 977 363,078 49 87 88 or via email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and submitted applications will not be returned.